Harvey played soccer this spring. To start here are the pictures of Harvey enjoying soccer that are BIG FAT LIES!
He was the strongest player on the team (he got 7 goals in a 15 minute game) and his ball handling skills are amazing. Much better than mine ever were.
BUT, he hated soccer! Well, he hated it during soccer practice, afterwards he swore he loved it. He cried the entire hour the first week. Things got better, a bit, as the season went on but we didn't even end up being able to stay the whole last practice because he was being so miserable. So here are the pictures of what soccer was really like.
He's crying in that last one and then scored a goal two seconds later.
Harvey graduated from preschool last week. He was so excited that Grandma came. He said it made it like a real graduation. Isn't the pencil sketch pic cool? I've been playing around with our photo editing software.The lady in blue is Harv's fantastic teacher, Miss Becky. We've really loved her.
Other than soccer, the other major adventure this spring was going to my friend Alison's wedding. This was the wedding I beaded all the flowers for. Harvey was the ring bearer and I was the Maid of Honor (I refused the title "matron"). Shirley essentially ended up making my dress. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It turned out great. Here are some pics from the wedding.
It was a great wedding. Climbing the tree was Al's idea, and, yes, the girls are in their stilettos in the tree.
I have new pics of Walter but I don't know how to convert a pdf to a jpg. I'll have Kurt post it later. Walter's doing great, he's definitely a kicker. My gestational diabetes seems to be under control and I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. We're sloooowly working on getting baby stuff ready. Hopefully we'll be mostly set up when he gets here. Not like he'll notice.
See everyone in 2 1/2 weeks!










3 comments:
I still think the photographer for the wedding did such a great job! That tree you guys were in was such a great tree for photos. I love the picture with Harvey crying as he kicked the soccer ball. What a funny kid he is. :)
I would love to see a close up of the flowers...they totally look real in the pictures-what a great friend you are. I'm glad he ended up loving soccer. I am very happy to hear you're feeling good, I think about you all the time. Hurray!
I LOVE the picture of Harvey in the picture frame and the one in the tree, it's amazing what different kinds of shots people can come up with. I hope Grandpa Wilhelm isn't too upset with Harvey's attitude about soccer!
Post a Comment