I just realized I can't call us the Ypsilanti Hutchinsons anymore since Jim and Joy live here too now. Anyway, I thought I'd post some pics and give you all an update.
Mythbuster - March 16
This event was the highlight of Harvey's 4 years of life. We counted down for several weeks ahead of time and I really doubt he slept much the night before. The night of the show we got downtown early since you never know what traffic is going to be like. While this idea was practical, Harvey did not appreciate it. He wanted to see the Mythbusters and he wanted to see them now! Here is a pic we took at Comerica Park. He was not amused. I'm not sure what he was doing in the photo but he was probably saying, "Come on, guys. The Mythbusters aren't here, they are across the street."
We finally got in to the theater (they opened the doors as we were walking past the front of the theater so I think we were actually the first people in, much to the chagrin of all of the fools who stood in line) but Harvey's patience was wearing thin.
When we got to our seats he literally could not sit still. He jumped, paced, danced, jittered, and asked every few seconds if the show was starting.
Sorry for the awful quality. I have a cheap camera I keep in my purse for when we forget our good camera, which is almost all of the time. Yes, he is wearing a cape. He was the youngest kid there and possibly the most excited. He was disappointed he didn't get picked to go up on stage but it was probably a good thing since we know from experience that he would freak out. He got pulled into the Lion King show last spring when we were at Disney and he lasted about 30 seconds. During the Q&A he really wanted to get called on so he could ask Jamie and Adam for their phone number so he could call and talk to them for longer.
All in all, it was a great experience. Harvey talks about it every day still. He wants to be a mythbuster when he grows up. In fact, he's watching a mythbusters as I'm writing this.
April 7th - We are going on a cruise! We got a crazy good deal on a really good cruise line. We just booked the cruise two days ago! This is the ship we'll be on.
Harvey is going to be up north with my folks for two weeks. I shutter to think what post-Petoskey detox will be like when we get back but at least Kurt and I should be relaxed! We'll both celebrate our birthdays on board and we're going to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary as well.
Other news - Part of the reason we decided to book the cruise was also to celebrate how well this pregnancy is going! I still don't feel great and the gestational diabetes is kind of a pain but the baby is healthy which is all that matters. Also we found out that we're having a BOY! I'm super excited, I love the idea of having a whole passel of boys. Kurt is still sulking a little bit because he is longing for a daughter. I'm starting to feel the baby move. We still haven't told Harvey. I think I'm finally ready but I really don't want to tell him and then ship him up to my folks since that was basically how the timeline went when we lost Xavier. I have my 20 week ultrasound the day after we get back so we're planning on taking him to that appointment. I'm still so gun shy that I plan on having the tech check first before he comes in. Hopefully I'll be feeling the baby so strongly by that point that I won't need to do that.

2 comments:
Ok, first things first...YAY FOR BOYS! I know that Jack and your boy are going to be besties, I can feel it. And tell Kurt he is always welcome to love on Lucy, she adores him. I'm so so happy your pregnancy is going well, even though you feel like crap.
Second-that show looks like it would have been AMAZING! We are watching more Mythbusters with Noah so he can talk shop with Harvey next time we see you.
And third-a cruise will be so heavenly, I'm glad you two are taking one. You deserve it.
How fun for you guys. I'm super jealous that you get to go on a cruise. Charlie and I wanted to take one for our 10 year anniversary. That will probably be our 20 year now. I'm sure it will be totally awesome.
I'm so thrilled your pregnancy is going to well. I don't blame you for being gun shy. I hope that all goes well and that you will be very confident going into the net ultra sound.
Post a Comment