Kurt and I are planning on looking at and maybe buying plane tickets this weekend for the reunion. I wanted to see what everybody else's plans were before we bought the tickets in case it would somehow influence our decision. I think the dates of the re-union are June 27th through 30th, right? And we have a block of rooms in an apartment complex? For some reason I can't find the info on facebook. Is anyone planning on going earlier, staying longer? who else is flying? we plan on renting a small car, would anyone rather rent something bigger and share the costs? Any other details I'm not thinking of?
3 comments:
Hmmm...don't think I'll be much help yet. I am planning on staying at least a week longer than Jason (though I'm not even sure how long he's staying, maybe a week?), just because I have lots of friends and Jason's family I want to visit, but I haven't really thought about whether I'd go early or leave late. We are also planning on renting a car while out there, but because of all the visiting we'll be doing, I don't know if it would be wise to share a car. I suppose that during the 3 days of the reunion we could share. I like saving money!
So our plans, right now, are to start driving around June 21 or 22. We hope to arrive in Utah around June 23 or 24. The days of the reunion are June 27 to 30. We'd like to stay the week after and start driving back home about July 5 or 6. This all depends on where we get lined up to stay while we are in Utah though. I plan to call Grandma and ask if we could stay with her some of the time, but I haven't had the chance to yet. If we don't have a place to stay, we will have to start driving home soon after the reunion is over.
Dad and I are still trying to decide if we want to fly out for a short trip in June and then take a longer trip in the fall and drive, or just do it all at once. We'll talk about it at family dinner with you.
Post a Comment