Thursday, December 8
a wee change in plans
So last week a meeting was called for the students going to York. Eric was nervous, thought there was a problem...well he was right. They told us that York could accommodate 8 students...7 people matched there. At this meeting they were told that, sorry, York was wrong, they can really only accommodate 5 so two people are going to need to go to another site in PA that they just barely opened up in Lancaster. They asked everyone to consider it, talk to their families and if they wanted to volunteer that would be great. We discussed it and decided that we actually like Lancaster better than York. The area is cheaper to live in and the hospital has a residency that Eric had actually already looked into. Tonight they had a meeting for those that were interested...four people showed up. So a lottery was held and Eric's number was picked! YAY! So instead of moving to York we will be moving to Lancaster...actually we are looking into a city that is just north of Lancaster called Lititz. Anyway, thought you would want to know. We are really excited and actually feel more comfortable with moving there than we did moving to York...must have been meant to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's interesting. Glad you are more comfortable with this move. Don't you want to live in Mount Joy though? I think it would be fun to live in a place with a name like that. :) Either way, you are still too far away for fun weekend get-aways though. :(
I'm glad that it worked out for you. I was going to say that it's too bad you couldn't change and come to Michigan, but I'm not going to say that! How do you pronounce Lititz?
Why are you two on the internet so early? And all the spots in MI have been filled, so although they did say that if you didn't want to change you could change your area entirely to a place with open spots...MI wasn't on that list. We are pretty sure it's pronounced Lid-its. And trust me Hillary, you will like to visit us a lot better there than Kirksville.
I would like to visit you anywhere you are. My comment was that I can't just pick up and come whenever because you are still too far away for that. We will try to come see you though, sometime.
Oh, and I'm on the computer so early because of seminary. Didn't you read Mom's Christmas yearly report? It's definitely not because I like to. I can assure you of that.
Post a Comment