Sunday, December 25

Christmas Eve @ the Hairs

Christmas Eve began with Addie having a fever and coughing. Jason went out and picked up some medicine for her early that morning. He said while reading the labels on the boxes, a friendly guy next to him said, "By the time you're done reading all those labels, you'll be a doctor!" *smile* He thought that was pretty funny.

That evening we picked up Jason's dad, Tom, from the airport. He joined us for the annual puppet show. Here they are for the curtain call-
We don't have an advent calendar, so this year we counted down to Christmas with 24 Christmas books, mostly borrowed from the library, wrapped under the tree. The kids have loved picking a new one each night to read. Tom was here to read the kids their last Christmas bedtime story-


I thought our house looked so pretty and cozy, all ready for Christmas morning-




And the day finished up with Jason and Tom putting together Santa's big surprise this year- A TRAMPOLINE! We borrowed a flood light to help with the set-up, and an ornery neighbor yelled out to them, "Turn out the light!" We did, but we finished first. Ha! And, I know most of you don't do Santa, and I haven't really been a believer, but when Addie saw her trampoline with the big red bow on it this morning and was in awe of Santa's magic, it made me happy that we are doing Santa. It's fun.









1 comment:

Hillary said...

I like the Christmas story tradition. Too bad my kids are probably too big for that. Wish I would have heard of it a few years ago.