Like we do every Labor Day, we went up to Prudenville to stay at Heather's family's cabin there. We spent the weekend mostly just hanging out. The high school hosts a big craft fair that weekend, so we walked around there, seeing mostly the same booths that we see every year. We bought a dog squeaker toy that the seller assured us his own boxer had been chewing on for over a year without getting the squeaker out. Dublin got the squeaker out in less than a week. As Heather remarked, "Either that guy was lying, or his dog has rubber teeth."
Several years ago, Heather's aunts decided that we should do a group craft every year. And the planning for that has always fallen to Heather. Until this year, it's been some kind of beading craft. However, that's meant that a lot of the time "crafting" is Heather walking around helping people get it just right. This year, Heather took a page from Kari's craft book and we did the freezer paper screen printing. It was a huge hit! Heather did some really cool designs on a couple canvas bags. Others did sweatshirts, scarves, and pillow cases. And since it's so easy, Heather just did a small demonstration and then let everyone loose.
I spent the time making these little crochet guys from this book I bought, Creepy Cute Crochet. They're pretty easy to make, and I can do them in the car or while sitting around chatting. Thanks to Mom for helping me get started with the crochet.
There's also a couple pictures of Harvey in this sweet outfit he picked out the other day. From top to bottom: cape (made by Michele for the attendants of Simon's fourth birthday party), red pteranodon shirt, blue running shorts, and camo galoshes. As you can see, he can run pretty fast in that getup.
(Remember you can see bigger version of the pictures by clicking that little four-arrow icon in the lower right hand corner of the slideshow.)
5 comments:
You didn't show us any of the freezer paper projects. They sounded real cool.
Your little guys are turning out really fun. Merrit wants to learn how to do them so badly.
You are right, Harvey can run really fast in those great galoshes.
The tentacles (or whatever they are) turned out just like the picture so I guess you figured it out, way to go!
Freezer paper the cape! Genius! I've wanted to make Noah a cape but didn't want to applique because I suck at it, but now you've inspired me. And those creatures are totally cool.
The cape is applique. Michele made it. One side is blue with a yellow lightning bolt, and the other side is green with a purple H. It's pretty sweet.
I wish I had people to craft with. Boo. I have refinished a chair, well, almost. I will have to put up pictures soon. And I didn't know you had caught the crochet buzz! Those little guys are pretty awesome.
Post a Comment