Tuesday, January 18

da Hairs

Some little updates:

Jason is applying to five residencies. He has to have his applications all finished by the end of this month. On the application we have to put them down in order of where we would prefer to go, and then they match the applicants with the sites. Last night he said they are in this order (but it still could change): 1) Tacoma, WA 2) Seattle, WA 3) Salem, VA 4&5) Memphis. He actually would prefer NOT to do the one year residency at all, but we're applying in case we can't find a job he likes. It's always good to keep your options open!

As for me, I've officially registered for a half-marathon on April 9th. 12 weeks to go! I currently can go 3 miles, and this Saturday we're supposed to do 4. It's kicking my butt, but I feel so good the mornings that I get up and do it. Jason and I are also back on our low-fat diet, trying to get back into shape. I feel so much better about myself as a person, wife and mother when I'm in good health and take time for myself. So...I hope I finish! My goal is just to complete the race, and then when I run with Hillary later in the summer, to finish it faster. That's all, I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Addie's thumb surgery is tentatively scheduled for the 27th. Did y'all read my blog about that? We're praying it goes well and that she isn't in too much pain in the following weeks. It will be bandaged for at least a week, but that isn't too bad.

Macie is learning words like crazy. She now can say mommy, daddy, Addie, brother, baby, shoes, juice, clock, and (of course!) more. She has such a funny little personality. Her and Addie have just started playing great together and it has been so helpful. They often will be back in their rooms for over an hour just laughing and playing. Yay for siblings!
Carson is getting pretty good at keeping his head up and he smiles a lot. He is also the gassiest baby and cries quite a bit because he's constantly tooting. (Is that the word you prefer, Mom?) Here is a recent conversation with Addie--

Me: Carson is crying because he's so gassy.
Addie: Baby Brother, stop being so sassy!

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Gassy baby, oh so sassy
Everybody thinks he's classy
Winks as he saunters past
Hold your nose, here comes the blast

Jana said...

I hope you just made that poem up because then you'd be the COOLEST big brother in the world!

Kurt said...

100% Genuine Kurt