Monday, December 27

idea!!

Let's do a family half-marathon!

Ok, ok, this may sound crazy, but hear me out! I've been wanting to do a half-marathon for a long time. I was training for it when I got pregnant with Macie and, because of what they thought was a blood clot, I was told to stop running. Well, NOW IS THE TIME. Jason graduates May 20th and Hillary said school for Charlie is out June 18th. I've been looking and there are a few races in the spring and summer. That leaves us plenty of time to train. I thought it would be awesome to do it as a family! Some of them offer marathons, half-marathons, 10Ks (approx 6 miles) and 5Ks (3.1 miles). Some of them also allow walking. You could do any of the races offered for the race we choose, but it would be so cool if we all did it together!

What do you think? Before I put more effort into this, let me know if any of you are interested. I think this would be such an amazing thing to do together!

And Hillary, what is your address? It's not listed on the sheet I have.


6 comments:

K.E.N said...

Are you saying we all do the same race or all do races in our respective areas? I was going to really try hard for a 5K this spring...I would be happy to support everyone else who wants to do a half, but for this spring, for this body, I think a 5K is going to be my max. But Eric is done with his doctor shadowing like the 17th or 18th of June, so we could potentially-maybe-meet up with you all somewheres for a race...as long as it's not in Memphis, it's too hot there ;)

Jana said...

Yes, I was suggesting we all do the race we feel we can do...but we DO want to push ourselves! So if a 5K is your max, do it! And no, they don't even hold races here in the summer because it's too hot. I was thinking MI or OH or IN, somewhere up there. Would Eric want to do it, too? I honestly think this would be so fun.

Heather said...

If all goes well, I will be down to a waddle by this summer. So I'm going to be out.

Mom said...

I don't run! I don't enjoy it, count me out. I don't want to walk either. I know I'm a kill joy, but that's the way it is.

Hillary said...

I'm really leaning towards doing this with you Jana, even though I hate running. Charlie said he would train with me too, as he can (he's so much busier than me).

My address is 6432 W. Coldwater Rd.
Flushing, MI 48433.

Hillary said...

We all hope you are waddling this summer too, Heather. I think that is a pretty good excuse not to run a race.