Sunday, June 13

My new calling

I am the new primary president in our ward. Stop laughing!

I am sad to leave the young women. I felt like I was just starting to build a good rapport with them and gain their trust and respect. I felt like I was making head-way with them. I'm going to miss them.

I also am nervous and apprehensive about my new calling. I have a lot of work cut-out for me. There is not much parental support of the kids in our ward (I ran into that in young women too) which makes it so hard to have the kids there consistently. Without consistency, there is a lot of chaos sometimes. I'm confident the Lord will help me, I'm thankful for the blessing I received when I was set apart and I know I can do this, it just might be one difficult task. If you could remember me in your prayers it would be great.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I know people say "congratulations" when you get a new calling, but I've never been sure that is the right sentiment. Anyway, I know you'll do a good job and do the best you can. Just remember to delegate and don't take all of the problems personally.

Hillary said...

Actually, Mom, it's kind of funny you said that because part of my setting apart blessing said that I'm not suppose to get discouraged. And I think you're right about "congratulations" not being the right sentiment.