Saturday, April 17

Sagano


Mom and Dad took us to Sagano Japanese Bistro and Steakhouse in Brighton for out birthday dinner. We had a great time. It's the kind of place where you sit around the big grill, and they cook you food there in front of you. Our chef was really entertaining, and Harvey was mesmerized. He started out by setting the grill on fire, and then setting up the "onion volcano". He wowed us by juggling a raw egg all over the place without breaking it, and then "catching" it on the side of his spatula so that tit drained out onto the table. Then he took turns tossing a bit of food to each of us to catch in our mouths. I caught mine on the first try. A lady sitting with a family at our table just caught hers in the air with her hands and ate it, to avoid the embarrassment. Our food was very tasty. I would especially recommend the white tuna, which Heather and Mom ordered. It was succulent. While cooking the food, he'd left a few pieces off to the side of the fire and did one last round of food tossing. For mine, the very last piece, he walked about 20 feet away for the toss. I caught it perfectly! For dessert, we ordered a tempura (deep fried) banana split. And since we'd already told them we were celebrating our birthdays, they brought it out in a big parade, playing a drum and singing. They had us stand and dance while they sang. The picture above is with the guy who played the drum; unfortunately, we didn't get picture with our chef.

We had a great time. Thanks Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Definitely sounds like a great time. Maybe that's where we'll go for our dinner next year. Glad you guys had so much fun.

Jana said...

Awesome! I've always wanted to go to a place like that, especially since the Benihana episode on The Office. That really sounds like a lot of fun.

K.E.N said...

I wish I had your food catching in the mouth skills. That does sound like a blast!