This picture is deceiving. Grandpa was making Macie crack up, I mean really laugh, and then right before we could take a happy picture, she burst out crying. It was too bad, her and Grandpa really liked one another.


Grandpa decided to fix the curtains, rather precariously, right in the middle of the party. After we all stopped freaking out, and after he didn't fall and break his hip, the whole thing was actually quite funny. (For those who don't know them, note Paul and Bronny...er, Bronwin...on the couch.)

Tom came to our party at Grandpa and Grandma's so he could see his grandkids one last time. (He has lost A LOT of weight, I mean A LOT, all from walking up in the mountains nearly every day. After his car accident last year and his depression stemming from it, the mountains may have quite literally saved his life.)

Addie's new weird camera smile. We're working on it.

Macie, on the other hand, was pretty sick of it nearly the entire ride home.
A rare moment out of the car somewhere in Oklahoma, I think. That sun roof does come in handy sometimes.
We had a great time, all in all. Idaho was very relaxing and it was great that Jason's parents were able to spend so much alone time with their granddaughters. They loved it. We drove down to Utah for 3 days and that was hard. There were just too many people to see in too short of time. It was exhausting. Our kids did pretty well considering how many grandmas and grandpas they had to meet, how many times they missed naps, and how many times they were taken in and out of their car seats. They were troopers. On our way home Jason, Addie and I all came down with the stomach flu. It was awful. I eventually put Addie's bib on her and kept asking her to puke in the pocket of it! Not fun. Fortunately, it only lasted a day and the last two days were fairly uneventful, but we will avoid that drive at all costs. Any volunteers to drive out stuff away when we graduate? We're planning on flying! :)
Guess that's it, enjoy the pics!





5 comments:
Great pics, Jana. hat picture of Grandpa is crazy! Sorry to hear about the stomach flu. My family got it again this year, everyone but Harvey, thank goodness. I can't imagine traveling during that.
Thanks for the pictures. I'm not surprised that Grandpa did that though. I'm glad that you enjoyed that trip overall. We try to avoid that trip in the Winter too, but you'll find that as your family gets bigger, flying is real expensive.
Ok, so I was exaggerating when I said we'd avoid that drive at all costs. We can't afford to do that, but we WISH we could avoid that drive at all costs!
So are you moving out there after graduation for sure? And I do absolutely LOVE Addie's new smile...it's like a sly, angry smile. Totally hilarious.
Great pictures! I'm glad the vacation was good and that you didn't get sick until your way home so it didn't ruin the vacation. Sucks to be sick in the car though, especially with kids. We didn't get flu-sick this year. I was the only one that got sick at all and it was a cold. Thank goodness! Next Christmas we'll all have to pump up on vitamin C before we get together so we don't get sick.
The balloons was a great gift idea. Who came up with it? I'm jealous that you got to see Grandma and Grandpa. I wish we could've gone too. I can't wait to see them this summer.
Post a Comment