Saturday, November 14
When will we do it all?
I thought I would list all of the things that have been talked about doing while everyone is here for Thanksgiving, because I'm wondering what kind of a time table we'll need to do it all. Kari wants to go to Bronners and Friday morning shopping. Jana wants to go to a diner in Ferndale. We are going to have pictures taken on Wednesday evening here at the house. We need to find a time to have our book club discussion. The Hicks are doing the turkey bowl Thursday morning. We need to plan a time to make the blocks. And of course, there is the Thanksgiving day meal, which I would like to have everyone make a dish for. Hillary called last night and volunteered to make the rolls. Dad will do the turkey and gravy, I'll do the pies, and that leaves potatoes (mashed and sweet potato), some kind of vegetable dish, and the traditional (for Mom) cheese whiz filled celery. Stuffing comes out of a box, and anyone can do that. I think we can go to Bronners and the diner sometime between Monday and Wednesday since not everyone needs to do those things. But we still need a day for doing the blocks and book club. We could do the two things at the same time (talk about the book while we do the blocks), that would save time. I thought it would be easier to figure these things out here, in one place, rather than trading emails back and forth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I will make potatoes - both sweet and mashed.
Otherwise we're along for the ride. Kurt and I will be working Monday - Wednesday but we have put aside the evenings, the whole Thanksgiving break, and the weekend before. Just let us know what the plan is.
I was wondering if anyone is interested in having dinner at our house some time? I know Jana and Kari haven't seen it lately or at all and thought that might be the easiest way for them to visit.
We will be in school Monday through Wednesday, but could do something the weekend before break. We are hanging out with the Hicks' side Friday night through the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Does Jason and Eric want to do the Turkey Bowl too?
Are we doing the family pictures at your house, Mom?
What book are we reading for the discussion? Do we want to have the book discussion the weekend before Thanksgiving? When are Jana and Kari coming? I will really only have Wednesday and Thursday nights for the discussion and blocks unless we do the weekend before. Unfortunately, I have to get up too early during the week to do it one of those nights.
I hope this helps.
Yes, the pictures will be at my house. I have a found a place to take them that will work, I think. I think both Kari and Jana are coming the Sunday before Thanksgiving, some time during the day. We are reading Two Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (I may have spelled his last name wrong). We can do the book club and the blocks Thanksgiving night, if that would work for everyone.
It's Three Cups of Tea, Mom ;) And I'm not sure I'll have it read by then...I just can't get into it. Some guy going around Pakistan building schools? Anyway...
What is in Ferndale? And why eat there? I am good for going to Bronner's and Ferndale Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
I want to help make pies.
Eric wants to play in the Turkey bowl.
I think having book club and doing the blocks at the same time is a good idea. What about Thursday evening/night after the feast?
We will be there Sunday afternoon, so we can do something Sunday night if people want. It would be fun to go to Hillary's if we could fit it in sometime.
REALLY, we are up for anything and will do whatever. So far I think everything sounds good.
Jason and I are going to go to church in Columbus with his brother at 9am, and will leave for Michigan after sacrament meeting, probably about 10:30 or 11. We should be there by 5pm for sure, I would think. Could we have dinner at Hillary's on Sunday? I would really like to see her house.
Ok, here is my proposed agenda:
Sunday night: dinner at Hillary's (if that works for you guys)
Monday: chill out, FHE
Tuesday: lunch or dinner at The Fly Trap in Ferndale (features on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!)
Wednesday: spend day at Bronners/Frankenmuth, family pictures in evening
Thursday: Turkey Bowl(yes, Jason wants to come), Thanksgiving, Book Club/Block making
Friday: Black Friday shopping
I think someone just has to decide. I don't care if we do these things these days, but this would hopefully take care of everyone's concerns. I would like to see my friend Wendy one of these days as well.
Jason and I will be in charge of the stuffing and the vegetable. We'll make butternut squash and something else. Maybe the traditional green bean casserole. Mmmmm...
I forgot to add that I have a big pile of stuff I want to get rid of, so I'm going to let you guys go through it first before I throw it out. Also I want those of you who can fit it into your car to take your trunk with all of the stuff I have saved for you over the years home. I've discovered that you spend the first twenty years of your married life accumulating stuff, and the rest of it giving it away!
I like this proposed planned agenda. Would it be okay with everyone if Eric and I went out to dinner on Monday night? We haven't been on a date in a long time and want to eat at Red Robin. Is that alright?
As long as it is before or after FHE. I have big plans brewing for FHE.
Wow! Big plans, eh? Jason is doing FHE? We can definitely do it before or after, I want to see this!
Post a Comment