Sunday, October 11

Zoo

Oliver came down to visit us this weekend, along with Jacob, Trish, and Dave. We spent today at the zoo, and had a great time, despite the colder temperatures. Here are some shots.


Starting out, in the wagon Heather picked up at a Mom 2 Mom sale yesterday. It worked out great.


Some cool butterflies.


This was a little room off of the butterfly room that had butterfly cocoons.


A snake statue in the reptile house.


You'll want to look at the bigger picture for this one. On the far left laying down is the world's largest rodent, a capybara. On the far right is a bunch of geese for size comparison. Yes, it's the size of a person.


Giant anteaters!


Here's Heather deliberately disobeying a sign.


I promise the boys were having fun.


A prarie dog.


Harvey's imitation of a prarie dog.


The family animal!


Riding the train back to the front.


Going through a tunnel on the train.


Saying goodbye in the parking lot.

There are a few more pictures on flickr that I didn't put in the post here. Check them out.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Cute pictures! Oliver is TALL! I especially like that they are wearing matching sweaters. Nice touch.

K.E.N said...

That statue of the snake looks just like dad's! Maybe he should think about donating it to the zoo and get it out of the closet where it just scares people.

Mom said...

When I first looked at the top picture, I thought they were sitting in a bunch of flowers.

Hillary said...

Kari - gotta love the K.E.N. acronym. Makes me think of Barbie.