Sunday, October 4

Advent Calendar for all!

Last year we made our own puppets for the nativity puppet show. What are the chances that this year we can all make the same Christmas advent calendar that you have, Mom? It could be this year's annual craft. I realize the ornaments may be expensive, but I'd be happy to pay for the materials. I just haven't been able to find one I like as much as yours. Let me know what y'all think.

9 comments:

K.E.N said...

I've been wanting an advent calendar too. I am all over getting my own things and making them with everybody. Where would you even find those ornaments?

Heather said...

I think that sounds like a cool idea, too.

Jason said...

Yeah, finding those little ornaments will be the hardest part. Hmmm...any ideas? Oriental Trading Company doesn't have anything like them.

Hillary said...

Mom bought those ornaments years and years ago. I've looked over the years to find anything remotely like them and haven't been too successful. I've only ever found nativity sets that have most of the pieces, but not near as many as you would need to complete the calendar. I don't know where we could get anything like that. I will try looking around too because I've always wanted one like Mom's too (I've just never been able to pull it off).

Hillary said...

I like the new background, too, Jana. It's so nice and harvesty.

Mom said...

Those ornaments were plaster that I bought at Lee Wards (a craft store that has gone out of business). They came in a kit, the plaster was white and it came with the paint to paint them with. I haven't seen anything like them recently. I remember painting them on Halloween in the mobile home, so it's been at least 18 years since I made them.

Jason said...

Maybe we could make felt ornaments that were stuffed, to make them squishy? What do you think?

K.E.N said...

I didn't realize that Jason cared so much about this advent calendar ;) I think felt ornaments would be cute...we would just need to find/make a template small enough to fit into little pockets. Should everyone come up with their own templates, or do we each want to bring 4 or 5 to share? Remember there need to be 25 ornaments.

Hillary said...

I'm not too sure about the felt idea unless you are thinking about making them a lot bigger than what Mom has for her calendar. I'm not sure it's worth it to me to give myself a headache trying to make little stuffed felt ornaments.