As many of you may or may not be aware, I've been searching for jobs for a little while now. Well recently (thanks to much prompting and a good kick in the pants from Mom) I went to LDS Employment Services and they hooked me up with a photographer position that was opening at Herff Jones the infamous yearbook/graduation announcement/class ring company. So I went to go fill an application out this past Monday. I received a call the same day asking me if I would be able to come in for an interview the next day. So I went to that interview and nailed it. The manager and I were joking through the whole thing, and just generally having a good time. The next morning (Wednesday) I was called again to see if I could make it in for my second interview the next day (Thursday). So I went in on Thursday, sat down with the same manager as before and he asked some of the most general interview questions that you'd expect to have in any interview for any job anywhere, and I felt like I nailed that too. After that, one of the ladies that was there showed me around some of the equipment that I would be using if I got the job, and I got to take a few practice shots, and got the shots perfect on the third try (Score!).
So I wake up this morning to find out that I have a missed call. The voicemail tells me that its from Herff Jones, so I'm figuring that I have another interview. So I give them a call back and we talk a little while and he tells me that "We'd love to have you, and if you could come in... say Monday to fill out some paperwork, we'll be all set." So now I'm going in on Monday to finish out the rest of the business to become Herff Jones' newest photographer.
Funny story, when I went in on Tuesday for my first interview, there was a lady sitting at the desk in the front that started talking to me as soon as I walked in the door. Turns out she is LDS and in Hillary's stake. Anyway, we chatted things up for a good half an hour while the guy who was going to interview me finished some things, and she really helped calm me down.
I know Mom and Dad have been praying for me to get a job, and I want to thank them, Heavenly Father, and any of you who might have thrown me in to a prayer or two. Thanks guys :D
4 comments:
Yay Jim! Congrats on the job and think about my advice about taking pictures while they blink. Nothing like job security in this market.
HURRAY!!!!!! I know I was going to call you last Monday but I guess it's a good thing I didn't since you didn't know until the end of the week. YAY Jimmy!!!
CONGRATS, JIM! You are on your way up in the world! Do they pay fairly well? I guess it doesn't matter at this point, a job is a job! What a blessing, and you won't have to work on Sundays, that worked out perfectly. Looks like prayers really do work!
You finally posted! Hurray! We are all so excited for you and this job. I think it will give you some great experience and experiences!
Post a Comment