Sunday, May 10

Beginning of New Wall Display

Mom attended a home party a month ago or so and bought some wall decals. She has now turned the wall coming out of the garage into a picture wall with the first picture the one of all the grandchildren you gave us for Christmas. The picture and accompanying words look great and Mom wanted me to post a picture of them. She said we will now add other pictures to the wall as occasion allows.



Mom also wanted me to tell you the latest about Deena (I just talked to Grandma for Mother's Day). It seems that Jeff has left town to visit Dartmouth University (presumably to investigate for potential graduate work) and Deena and Cooper came to Karen's house to stay the week. Before Jeff left, they went to Cherry Hill yesterday to have some fun and Deena was climbing the rock wall (or whatever the climbing wall is) and fell off and hit her head quite hard. She didn't think much about it although her head hurt and then it really started to hurt and she began to have blurry vision. They took her to the hospital and did a CAT scan and found she had a concussion. I'm not sure how they are treating her but Grandma said she now has a very high fever. Grandma and Grandpa will have to take care of her because Karen has to go to work next week. We need to remember her in our prayers.

Hope all you Mothers in the family had a very nice Mother's Day.

We love you all.

P.S. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing my new Michigan State National Champion T-Shirt. (I know they didn't actually win the championship but I got one of the T-shirts they made just in case they won. It may be a collector's item some day -- and then again, it may not be. It's a very nice looking shirt, I think; too bad they didn't win the championship.)

3 comments:

Jana said...

The wall looks really nice! I think wall decals can look so nice if they're tastefully done, and I'm happy that you used our picture!

Jason and I both think it's hilarious you bought one of those champion T-shirts, Dad. Nice going. A relic.

K.E.N said...

The was IS very nice. Mom and Hillary did a great (if not long) job getting it all centered and perfect. I still think a picture of Mom and Dad on their wedding day would look great above the saying.
Said to hear about Deena, I hope she recovers fast. For her and Grandma's sake.

Mom said...

Dad didn't buy the t shirt, Chuck Every gave it to him when he was there home teaching. Chuck's son, Greg, owns a store that sells stuff for sports fans. He made the shirts up to have ready in case MSU won, when they didn't, he was stuck with the shirts.