I am now an official member of Stroller Strides, a national exercise program for moms with kids in strollers. It sounds weird, I was doubtful at first, but I get an incredible workout! We push the kids in our strollers for the cardio portion (some run, some walk) and stop at different "stations" to do various arm, leg, ab, and balance exercises. We just line the kids up in their strollers and they watch us do our silly moves. We use resistance bands for most of the strength training, which I love from my days of Slim in 6. Thus far, I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY SORE, but it has been great. Today we did killer squats, and I'm already anticipating the lovely feeling of knowing you did something worthwhile tomorrow.
It is kind of expensive, but with our tax returns coming soon and my sanity on the line, this has come at a good time. I've felt trapped inside, and have needed to get involved in something that pushes me, but doesn't do any high-impact stuff. There are plenty of modifications they show us for all the pregnant ladies. The other nice benefit has been the social network of other mothers that has opened up to me. Now I am making friends outside of church! Here is their website, if you're interested. http://www.strollerstrides.com/
3 comments:
That sounds fun. But how much longer will Addy want to stay in the stroller, that's the question.
Relatedly, Heather finally found a Wii Fit in a store and picked it up. We've had it for about a week. There are some decent exercises in there. My favorite so far is probably this aerobic stepping one that keeps you moving and grooving. There's a lot of variety, so you can pick your own thing but stay interested. Hopefully it'll help get us into doing regular exercise.
I sent the link on to our friend Michele who is also a stay at home mom. Sounds like a lot of fun. They do it at the Briarwood Mall here. Kurt and I are enjoying the Wii Fit but mostly it is illustrating how out of shape we both are!
I think it sounds like a fun program. I don't think Jaxson would stay in a stroller though. I like Curves. I can leave the kids home with Charlie that way (and Lexi even soon). Although, it's harder to plan my schedule around sometimes to fit in a Curves workout. I don't blame you for doing something for yourself. Too often, moms are so selfless that they do everything for everyone else and forget to do something for themselves every once in a while. I used to be really bad about that, but I'm getting better.
Post a Comment