Jana, as much as I love to see how I looked 30 years ago, can we have a new picture on the blog now?
We enjoyed having all of you here at Christmas. We need to figure out why we all end up getting sick every time, though. We can look at it like this, it will make a good family story years from now. Anyway, thank you to everyone who made an effort to make it fun and worthwhile. Heather for hosting book club and making that great dinner, Kari for making cookies for the kids to frost, Hillary for donating felt and helping make the puppets, Jana for playing games with everyone and making them feel wanted, Dad for replacing the shower curtain, all 3 sons-in-law for giving Dad an excuse to watch football (he doesn't do that very much), Kurt for braving the sickness and being with us anyway (that's real love) and Jim for giving up 2 different bedrooms for the visitors. I also want to thank the Grandchildren for giving us a great time. Children are so fun to be around.
5 comments:
You are most welcome! And thank YOU for letting Eric watch as much TV as he could stand...well mostly sports. And for letting us stay as long as we did...and for mailing us all the things we left behind. :)
Thanks for letting all of us hang out at your house together, even though we were all sick. Thanks for putting up with all the throwing up. What good memories! Despite being sick and having sick kids, I loved Christmas this year. It was well worth it to me just to be able to see everyone and be with you all for so long. I really do love and appreciate family and family togetherness.
We, too, had a great time! I love the puppets! I show them off to everyone, and Jason is so proud of his two wise men. Now all we have to do is convince Jason that the midwest is the best, so we can be together all the time. His brother was just telling him how great Virginia was, maybe it wouldn't be too hard to convince him that Wisconsin/Indiana/Michigan/Illinois are great, too. Hmmm...we have a quite a task ahead of us.
Sorry I'm so late commenting on these recent posts.
I had a great time at Christmas, too. Getting to play two games of Carcassonne is like a dream!
I look forward to next year when we'll be breaking tradition and not getting sick.
Well, even Virginia wouldn't be as far away from us as Oregon or Idaho. I'm all for helping you convince him about the midwest. I think it's the best place to live. Just think of how much closer you will be to Zion when the call comes. Charlie and I were even just talking today about some of the prophesies of the 2nd coming and that one of them of them is about a year long drought. Wouldn't it be nice to live by the great lakes when this one happens?
Post a Comment