There were mini murals inside the huge mural and this one is of the Mormons in Missouri. The tour guide asked the group if they knew the story about the Mormons in Missouri and no one did-we didn't raise our hands because we didn't want to be know-it-alls. The left half of the painting is the Mormons helping the slaves out and the right half is a Mormon man being tarred and feathered.
We also went to a nature center right outside of town. Everything was free! It was such a fun day for us...especially to learn things about Missouri we didn't know before. So, where were we?
9 comments:
Is it Springfield, MO? I used to know that capitals really well, but it's been so long since I've had to know that that I'm sure I couldn't even name half of them now.
Sounds like a really fun trip though. I like historical places and information. I don't get to go to many places like that though because they are pretty boring for my kids. I understand, I didn't like things like that until I became the old lady that I am.
*wrong answer beep*
Springfield is the capitol of Illinois and there is a Springfield, MO. Good try!
St. Louis?
Sorry...try again. Good answer though, I'm pretty sure that St. Louis is the biggest city.
Is it Kansas City?
Sorry guys...KC is not it either. They do have a professional baseball, football and soccer team, though.
Kari called me from there so I could look up where the Burger King is located, and I think she said that they were in Jefferson City. By the way Kari, what happened to loosing weight after the new year? Burger King isn't the place to eat out if you're loosing weight. Try Wendy's, and have the chili, it's also cheaper than a hamburger.
Thanks Mom...I think I can handle it myself. And if you want to know, we actually ate at Panera Bread.
Mom cheated a little...but she remembered correctly, we were in Jefferson City.
Kari, how were you signed in as Jason?
Post a Comment