Thursday, November 27

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope everyone is having a joyous Thanksgiving and that there is at least the option of turkey even if the main dish is lasagna.



Maybe we could each share something we are thankful for even if we don't get to it today. I'll start. I'm thankful for the supportive family that I had the good fortune of marrying into. There is rarely a cross word and there is always a fun time to be had when we're together. It's great to know that you all are here for us when we need you and I hope that you can say the same for us. Please join in the thankfulness and enjoy your tryptophan comas.

5 comments:

Mom said...

The Lasagna was great and we have left overs even though we didn't have turkey. I'm thankful for my family, (my children, grandchildren and ancestors). I'm also grateful to live in this country and for Bill's job that moved us to Michigan. I love it here. My love to all of you and we'll see you all together at Christmas!

K.E.N said...

I am thankful for our family's untraditional traditions. I appreciate that we do things a little odd-it makes things more fun. And it always makes for good conversation when I tell my friends that we are having lasagna for Thanksgiving and they give me a funny look and ask why. I like how we do things in this family.

Hillary said...

Well, I should probably add my thing I'm thankful for. I really don't know what to narrow it down to. I'm thankful for so many things. Family would probably top my list though, although I'm pretty thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity that I have to be with my family for all eternity because of that gospel. Our Heavenly Father is such a generous Dad and has certainly blessed me and my family abundantly. I'm thankful that He and and His son love me. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to sit here and think about all the things I'm thankful for.

Jana said...

I'm thankful for student loans and for the people who will need glasses in the future to help us pay them all off.

Seriously, though, I also am grateful for our family and for Jason's family. I feel so blessed to be in families that enjoy spending time together and can laugh at ourselves. I am also grateful for the opportunities I have received lately to sing for others and share my talents.

Heather, this was a great idea! I'm glad you're in our family, too! (Oh yeah, and can we play Carcazone *bad spelling* this Christmas?)

Dad said...

I'm thankful for all of you and for Jana starting this blog to help us keep in touch (even though I don't take advantage of it as often as I should). I am thankful that you put up with my goofy comments and overlook my faults. I also fully endorse and second what Mom said.

I need to work on a Turkey lasagne for next year; then we can combine both traditions.

Love you all!!