Friday, October 17
October Trip
I was waiting to tell about our trip so that Dad could post the pictures from his camera, but since he's back in school, he doesn't have much time, so I'll just do it. Last Friday he took the day off and we drove to Cadillac, Michigan. It was PERFECT weather, warm and sunny. The color on the trees up North was at it's peak and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We spent the night at a motel on Cadillac Lake and watched the sun come up over the lake. We took a couple of driving tours around Cadillac and then the next morning drove to Frankfort. (Kari and Jim may remember going through Frankfort when we went to Sleeping Bear Dunes.) Anyway, they had a fall festival there on Saturday. We watched the parade and walked around the different food booths. They had a pumpkin weighing contest and later in the afternoon were going to use two catapults (I can't spell the French word, but I'm sure you all know what they're called), to have a pumpkin throwing contest. We didn't stay around for that, although it would've been something to see, I'm sure. The parade was interesting, they didn't have floats, per se, but they did have a "mutt march". People dressed their dogs up in costumes (some people dressed up like the dogs) and walked in the parade. There was also everyone who was running for office walking and shaking hands. Then at the end of the parade was the Clown Band. This is a bunch of men mostly over 50 and up who are from Scottville, MI who get together every February and practice and then spend the summer going around the state performing in clown costumes. They have their own big bus that they travel in and they're pretty good, they gave a concert after the parade. We had a great time and even had a missionary moment. I'll get Dad to post a couple of the pictures so you can feel like you were there. He'll do it later though, you'll have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys had so much fun. It sounds fun. I look forward to the time in my life where Charlie and I can take little vacations like that. It will be fun for us too.
That does sound fun. I saw a pumpkin weighing contest on TV once, some of those are HUGE. What was the biggest one you saw? Too bad we all missed the mutt march, that would have been something to see.
Trebuchet!
Did we do something in Frankfort? Go to the gift shop and go to the bathroom? Where was that? I don't remember what city exactly...I just remember that those dunes were AWESOME!
Post a Comment