Thursday, September 18

A New Calling and Vacation with Mom and Dad



On Sunday I was called to be the ward choir director. Yipee! I really am excited, but could use any suggestions for maybe how hymns could be sung differently, or any music that you might come across that would be appropriate. It's going to be fun and I think I'll probably have this calling for the next few years-that's what it sounded like anyway. I've never lived anywhere long enough to have a long standing calling-I might actually get good at what I'm doing. Jana, didn't you just recieve a new call? Mom and Dad told me you did...wasn't it like YW President or something?


Also, I've posted a whole long thing about this past week with Mom and Dad on our blog, so if you want to see pictures, I would go check that out. We had a lot of fun. We met them in Nauvoo and went to the temple and almost didn't make it home because there was so much rain that the road we were going to take home was closed-but Mom and her trusty map found an alternate route. Sunday our friends came over and we had pulled pork sandwiches and they were yummy, if I do say so myself. Monday, Mom, Dad, Noah and I went to Kansas City. It was a beautiful day, but what we didn't know is that everything of note in Kansas City is closed on Mondays. So we went to a sculpture park (pictures on our blog) and then drove down to Independence. It was good we did because we got to take our time going to the visitor's center and Dad took a tour of the Community of Christ's temple. He has pictures of that.


Tuesday we went to Liberty Jail, Far West and Adam-ondi-Ahman. That was also a beautiful day and we all got some great pictures, I'm sure. We got back Tuesday night and on Wednesday just hung out. We showed them the parts of Kirksville they hadn't seen and we toured Eric's school. We went out to dinner and Noah had his first experience with macaroni and cheese-he loved it! They left this morning :( and we were sad to see them go. But now we are looking forward to Thanksgiving when we come to Michigan and partay with everyone that lives there (sorry Jana, but I'm sure the wedding will be a blast too). This is Dad making Noah laugh in our motel room in Independence...Noah loved having Mom and Dad here-after he got used to them.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

What a great time! We can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. When do you plan on getting here and how long are you staying?