Saturday, August 16

how we're doing


She loves to close and open the bedroom door

I just realized we haven't posted on here in a while. I think it's because I don't feel I have much new to say. Jason's free summer is winding down. He only has one more week of work, then he gets one week off, and then school starts the day after Labor Day. We might go on a short trip somewhere around here during his week off. How we play cards at our house!
Just chillin' in a box loaded with toys.

I've been keeping up on my running. I had to cut it down to just 4 times a week because my left knee was giving me some problems and I didn't want to over do it. I had wanted to run 100 miles in 6 weeks (which was up on Aug 11th) but I didn't make it. Darn. I just couldn't risk injury to make that goal. I still have another 23 miles to go. I've been going between 4 and 5.5 miles each time, though, so that is pretty good. It doesn't seem to get any easier, however. I hope I'll be able to finish the half marathon in December!

My favorite meal!

Addie is walking like crazy. She can now turn corners, too, which has seemed to open up a whole new world. She loves being chased, and now holds our hands to lead us to whatever it is she is trying to get. She knows what "outside" is and will bring you her shoes if you say it. She also knows what her belly button is! We're trying to teach her to talk, but so far it isn't working that well. Oh well. Addie is so cute, this is such a fun stage. It will be great to have all the cousing together at Christmas, I can't wait!

So happy to be walking!

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

I love that in the picture with the toys in the box, she has her fist under her chin like she is taking senior pictures. And she is super cute! You can always come visit us and have a chill week in the 'Ville...just a suggestion :) Good to see those awesome pictures.

Hillary said...

Thanks for the post. It's good to see Addie getting so big. Her hair is coming in more now. I like the box of toys picture too. She posed well for it.

Charlie and I would like to take a small vacation too. We were actually thinking about going to Columbus or Toledo, OH because we liked the COSI musuems there so much. If you wanted to meet us in Columbus, we could probably go there rather than Toledo. We could hang out. We'd probably only go for a couple days. The Columbus COSI has a really neat discount on their membership. If you show them your WIC book, you can buy the membership for only $20. That will let you in all year, plus it will let you in to LOTS of other museums. The best part is, you can renew the membership throught the mail. You just mail in a copy of your WIC book to prove you still have it and they will let you renew for only $20. We were so excited when we found that out. We've used our membership so much. It's allowed us to go to many more museums than we ever would have even tried to go to. I'd highly recommend it.