Wednesday, July 23

Wasps!

We've suspected that wasps have been in the facade of our house for awhile but we've never seen many so we assumed it wasn't a big problem. Then the other night I was out watering my tomato plants and I saw at least 20 in less than a minute flying into under the space under our bay window in the kitchen. There is a crack between the wall and the space and apparently a thriving colony of yellowjackets has set up house. An exterminator came tonight and did the first application. He said he'll keep coming back until we're satisfied that they're gone. It would have been nice to have gotten some more quotes and felt better about choosing this guy but he was the first one to get back to us and we have windows ready to be installed. He actually came out and gave Kurt a quote the day he talked to him and then Kurt called this afternoon and he was here this evening. We have window installation scheduled for the Thursday after Kurt's surgery so hopefully he'll be feeling well enough to supervise somewhat.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Sorry to hear about the wasps...

KURT IS HAVING SURGERY?!?! Where have I been? Why is he having surgery?

Kurt said...

It's for my hernia. I'm fairly sure you were there when I told everyone.

K.E.N said...

I knew about the hernia...I just thought you were having it around the same time as Harvey's surgery. I HATE BEES AND WASPS, ETC (more like I'm terrified of them)... I just saw the title of the post and I cringed-ahhhh! I hope they go away and die and the like. Good luck with the surgery and the window install.

Hillary said...

So who did you go with for your windows? Just curious. I hope you can get rid of the wasps too. Charlie found a nest outside of the sunroom at our house. He sprayed them with starter fluid. Works like a charm. Then he took the nest down so the kids could check it out. They were facinated. We also had some nesting in the swing set that was left here and Jaxson was stung. Luckily he didn't turn out to be allergic. Charlie sprayed those ones too. What a pain!