Sunday, July 27

Stake Campout

Friday night our stake had a camp out at Lower Huron Metropark. Jim said he doesn't remember us ever camping out as a family (he was too young I guess), so he wanted to go. He really wanted to go because Lauren was going, but whatever. Dad and I proved that we still know how to put up a tent and sleep in a sleeping bag. And we also proved that we're too old to want to do it again. But we enjoyed going and doing it. On the way home we decided to take a road that we didn't know where it went. It turned out that it goes past Kurt's house, so we dropped in to see them. While we were there, it came out that Jim has a job, and Kurt was a little upset that no one had told him about Jim's job. So just in case the rest of you don't know, Jim works as a night stocker at Meijer in Howell (that means that he stocks the shelves, not follows people around). He's only earning minium wage, but heh, it's a start. If he ever gets used to the hours (10pm to 6:30am) he should be alright.

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Sorry Kurt, I knew that Jimmy had a job-but of course, I asked. Also, Jana, could we change the picture already? Do a poll or another time warp-but I'm getting tired of this picture of Hillary-it creeps me out.

Hillary said...

Thanks, Kari, I'm glad I creep you out.

I think Jimmy would be a good stalker :)!

Kurt said...

The minimum wage in Michigan is $7.40 now, so that's not so bad.