We had A LOT happening this last week, and I posted it all on our own blog, but I'll do a summary here as well. For more pictures, you'll want to hop over to our blog.
On Tuesday Jason and I drove to Missouri to meet up with his brother Will and his wife Caitlyn. They have an 8 month old daughter named Chaela. We spent the day in this little podunk town under a tree and played card games. It was fun to see them. I think Addie and Chaela look more like their dads so they look somewhat alike.
That day Kari and and Eric drove here and we ended up getting to our apartment at almost exactly the same time! On Wednesday we went to the Brooks Museum to see the Andy Warhol exhibit (fairly interesting) and that night we all went out for some delicious Corky's BBQ. Kari and Eric are hard to read, so I'm not sure how impressed they were, but we love it!


Thursday (Addie's B-day) was our EXTREMELY busy day. We picked up Jason from work and went to see the famous Peabody Ducks. Unfortunately we had a hard time finding parking so we didn't actually get to see them walk the red carpet. (Mom, we'll have to make sure to leave early enough.) We saw them swimming in the fountain, however, and then went upstairs to see the Duck Palace where they live. It also gives a nice view of Memphis. After that, we went home, had Addie's birthday party (lots of chocolate cake, presents, and tissue paper), went swimming, and then raced over to the 5K.

The 5K was an amazing experience. It just feels so good to have a goal, work hard at it, and accomplish it. I'm so proud of myself. The race was for St. Jude's Children's Hospital and my friend's little girl Emma was just diagnosed with cancer and is being treated there. So not only was it my first race, a lot of people from our ward came to support Emma and ran/walked it, too. My main goal was to finish the whole thing without walking and I DID IT! I didn't make it in quite the time I hoped for, but this gives me something to improve upon.

So, after that exhausting day we took it easy on the 4th. We did go to a barbecue at our friends' house and then went and watched the fireworks over the Mississippi River. We had a great view--of the fireworks, the river and the amazingly ridiculous people that live here. It was lots of fun. Noah slept the entire time and Addie did surprisingly well considering how late it was.


Kari and Eric stayed one extra day because Kari didn't feel well Saturday morning, but that was fine because it gave us time to make her a Noah sign (hopefully Kari will post some pictures of it) and Jason and Eric played lots of video games. They left Sunday morning. Whew! It was so nice to have them here, and you're all invited, too! Come anytime! I posted more than I intended, but there was so much to say. I'm glad that you all had such nice/relaxing weekends as well.
5 comments:
Wasn't it nice of Noah to throw up all over my shirt right before we took the picture of us in front of the lake? Yummy! I will get right on top of posting our pictures and taking some of the sign (it looks awesome!) I guess I don't really need to tell what happened-Jana mostly covered all of it. But, unlike Jana said-I was actually sick all day with the achy flu, but it was awesome b/c Sunday morning I woke up and felt fine. I'm glad it only lasted 24 hours.
Also..I do really like that picture of Noah sleeping. I couldn't believe that his burp rag and Addie's pj's were enough to dampen the sound so he didn't wake up-it was awesome.
Yeah, that sleeping Noah picture is priceless. It should be entered into a photo contest or something.
I'm so glad you did well in your race, Jana. What a great thing for you to accomplish. What kind of cancer does Emma have? Do they think she has a good chance of recovering? I hope so. I think it's so sad when kids have such big diseases, like cancer is.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I would love to come visit you guys and hopefully we'll be able to sometime soon.
P.S. You're right, Jana, Addie does look a lot like her cousin Caela (what a neat spelling too).
P.S. You're right, Jana, Addie does look a lot like her cousin Caela (what a neat spelling too).
Post a Comment