Are you guys ok over in Racine? I heard there was a lot of flooding. Our daycare doesn't have power along with 100,000 plus people in our area. Kurt is taking the day off with Harvey. I just hope he isn't cutting into his surgery recovery time.
We are good here in Racine. I just read an article on Yahoo that said there was some flood evacuations here in the city though. We noticed a lot of standing water as we drove home lastnight. It looked a lot like last September, late August, when we got all the rain then and had tons of flooding issues. I don't know how much more the pore farmers here can take. I can't believe all the storms and water that have hit the midwest this spring. I'm starting to think we are getting closer to the second coming.
Sorry about the double posts. It didn't show up at work.
As for the second coming, things have been a lot worse than this before and they'll be worse after. At least its early enough for a partial replant for most of the crops in this growing district. At least it isn't the depression dust bowl again. They still have their topsoil.
That is very true, it could be worse. I just don't want to be apart of something worse. That is my big fear of the second coming. I think things are bad now, but I know they will probably get worse as we get closer to the second coming. That's just not a happy thought for me. Although, I do look forward to the culmination.
Well, the church doesn't really say when it will happen. But the Bible does say that things will be bad, and they sure seem to be getting bad in my opinion. It just seems like more natural disasters are occuring one right after another. Who's to say really when it will happen. Prophets in the scriptures said many times that the birth of Christ was nigh at hand and sometimes that prophecy was hundreds of years off. I've just come to accept that time is all a relative thing, and God's time frame doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me sometimes. So to make a long comment short, no the LDS church doesn't really have a stand point on when the second coming will actually happen. Church leaders just stress the importance of being ready for it when it does, and since we don't know when that is it's best to prepare now.
6 comments:
We are good here in Racine. I just read an article on Yahoo that said there was some flood evacuations here in the city though. We noticed a lot of standing water as we drove home lastnight. It looked a lot like last September, late August, when we got all the rain then and had tons of flooding issues. I don't know how much more the pore farmers here can take. I can't believe all the storms and water that have hit the midwest this spring. I'm starting to think we are getting closer to the second coming.
Do you guys have power, Heather or will Kurt and Harvey be hanging out in the dark?
Sorry about the double posts. It didn't show up at work.
As for the second coming, things have been a lot worse than this before and they'll be worse after. At least its early enough for a partial replant for most of the crops in this growing district. At least it isn't the depression dust bowl again. They still have their topsoil.
That is very true, it could be worse. I just don't want to be apart of something worse. That is my big fear of the second coming. I think things are bad now, but I know they will probably get worse as we get closer to the second coming. That's just not a happy thought for me. Although, I do look forward to the culmination.
That's interesting. Is it an LDS belief that the second coming is soon (our generation or the next)? Kurt didn't know when I asked him.
Well, the church doesn't really say when it will happen. But the Bible does say that things will be bad, and they sure seem to be getting bad in my opinion. It just seems like more natural disasters are occuring one right after another. Who's to say really when it will happen. Prophets in the scriptures said many times that the birth of Christ was nigh at hand and sometimes that prophecy was hundreds of years off. I've just come to accept that time is all a relative thing, and God's time frame doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me sometimes. So to make a long comment short, no the LDS church doesn't really have a stand point on when the second coming will actually happen. Church leaders just stress the importance of being ready for it when it does, and since we don't know when that is it's best to prepare now.
Post a Comment