Monday, May 19

A Trip To the Zoo and Moving

We went to the zoo today because Eric got to go home from work early and it was a beautiful day today. Here are some pictures of Noah's first day at the zoo. We had a great time.






Also, I got an email from Dad this morning and in it he asked me about what we were doing about housing and I realized that I should probably share with everyone. One of Eric's older brothers has offered to help us buy a house. We are going to co-sign on the loan. He is paying the down payment and we are paying the mortgage and the taxes and all the utilities. He will be paying for any repairs or improvements on the home and we will be taking care of it. We found a house and once we are approved on the loan-either tomorrow or the next day-we will make an offer. We are pretty excited...but I am a little nervous because we are moving the week after we get back from Michigan and I just want things to move a little faster so that we can get other things done. So that is what we are working on right now. We are only looking at a 2 bedroom home, but if you come to visit, we will make room for you...and it will be our place you are staying. Awesome!
Everything else is going well for us. I just started WIC and I tell you, that was an inspired government program-we used our vouchers for this month and saved $96. Holy moly! Noah is big and healthy and doing great at sitting up assisted and holding his head up. He is so much fun to have around (when he's happy), he laughs and smiles at pretty much everybody. We are just trying to wrap everything up here in Utah before we leave and seeing as many people as we can. We are going to miss Utah-Eric especially-but are really excited to start a new adventure in a new place. We can't wait to see you guys in less than 2 weeks and are excited to live much closer than we do now. YIPEE!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

That's pretty exciting for you to be able to buy your own home. I must throw a word of caution your way though. I don't know how smart it is to buy something you haven't actually seen in person. You have no idea what problems it may have. You might want to try to schedule a weekend to house hunt. I know that with your time frame that it might be really difficult to find the time or the money, but it might be worth it in the long run. Or maybe you could have your friend that you mentioned you had living there go check out houses for you in person. Someone's eyes are better than no one's eyes. Maybe even someone from the ward you will be living in could check out homes for you. Buying a house blind right now is probably not so safe. The market is flooding with foreclosures and there aren't many of those that you can buy and just move into. Most of them require a lot of work to make them livable.

Otherwise, I'm really happy and excited for you guys. We will definately try to come visit. It will be fun to try to squish our big family into a 2 bedroom house with your family :)!

Jana said...

I love the picture of Noah being held by the big mother gorilla statue. That was really cute!

Heather said...

How exciting! I second Hillary's advice. We looked at tons of houses we thought were going to be perfect from the description and pictures only to find out deal breaking details during the walkthrough. My favorite was the house that listed two full baths but didn't have a bathtub, only cruddy stall showers ala cheap trailers. Good luck with your buy. I have to say I love owning my own house and all the headaches that go with it.

Mom said...

I'm glad to see that you continued the tradition of taking his picture in front of the gorilla silhouette.

K.E.N said...

I knew someone would appreciate the gorilla...I told Eric we had to do it b/c it was tradition. Also, you'll be happy to know that I asked my friend Melissa who lives in Kirksville to check out the house and she contacted the realtor and should get in to see it either today or tomorrow...plus we will be having an inspection. So, do not fret-we are covering our bases...but we appreciate the concern.