Friday, January 25

Some good news from the Hicks' side

Charlie's dad got a job today at the new Wal-mart they built in Fowlerville. (I know you're disappointed Mom) We are pretty excited for him. He'll be working the 2nd shift, from 2 - 11pm unloading the trucks. Not really what he's qualified for, but it's something. He plans on continuing his search for something better, but is satisfied with what he has for now.

Also, a friend of mine from the Flint ward is going to rent out Jocelyn's house for the next 6 months, at least. She has run into some pretty yucky situations in her life and is trying to put things back together. It was just nice that Jocelyn's house was still available for her to move into with her family. It helps her, and Charlie's parents, since they've been paying the bills for the house since Jocelyn moved out. It's been hard for them to pay for two houses worth of bills. I just pray that this works out well for both parties.

I guess if I were to start my happiness list today, these two things would be at the top. Next I'd have to be very happy that my family is healthy again. Man it took forever for us to ALL be through the sickies. I'm happy for my family, my husband and kids. They are great and treat me well. I'm so happy to be bestfriends with Charlie. I don't know where I'd be without him. He completes me. I'm happy that I can keep in contact with my family even though we live so far apart. I'm happy that my furnace keeps working and that my super old cars keeping running. I'm happy Charlie has a job he loves. I'm happy to keep losing weight, no matter how slowly it may be happening. I'm happy to be a member of the ward choir. We didn't have one in Flint, and I love singing with the Racine ward choir. Our choir director picks the best songs and really puts a lot of time into making thing work. Man, I could probably go on and on. I'm really happy about lots of things. Thanks for this opportunity to let me think about and vocalize some of them. You're right, Jana, it is nice to take time to think about this every once in a while.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I'm so glad that things are starting to look up for Charlie's family. I know it's been a long time in coming. Also, thanks for including the happiness list. I like reading others' lists, it's fun to know what good things are happening in each others' lives. Yay!