Monday, January 14

a new high in family connectedness?

Well, it seems I somehow "caught" the stomach flu from you guys across the country! I came down with it Saturday night, was pretty bad Sunday, and now it's gone. Dad said on the phone last night (he called to offer his condolences when the Cowboys lost) that what I had sounded like what y'all had. Amazing, isn't it? I don't know anyone out here who had the stomach flu, so I must have contracted it via the blog! :)

On a side note, we're very happy the Packers won and that they're playing the Giants, who they've beat before. I'm really getting into the NFL, which surprises me and pleases Jason to no end. GO GREEN BAY! I bet it's fun to live in Wisconsin right now...

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Actually it's quite annoying living in Wisconsin right now. The people here are so obsessed with the Packers it's really sad. After the game last night, the news' top three stories all had to do with a different angle of the fact that the Packers are playing at home again. The even did about a 5 minute story, with live coverage, on the ticket prices (which by the way, the cheapest last night was $550 for an end zone seat but they were expected to go up). It's pretty sad when the regular news that would regularly make headlines is beat out by the ticket prices of the Packers' game. Charlie and I are not looking forward to the hype coming this week. Although it won't be as bad, I think, because they are going to play the Giants. If it had been the Cowboys, we would've had to have heard about how Favre has never won in Dallas all week. Man, I like football but not this much.

Sorry you got sick, Jana. I hope the rest of your family avoids it unlike mine. And welcome to the wonderful world of football!

K.E.N said...

I'm sorry about the Cowboys-Eric was pretty disappointed, too. But I've decided that I'm a Patriots fan (only because Tom Brady is the best looking quarterback, in my estimation, in the league) so I was excited that they won. But we haven't gotten the flu out here-I should knock on wood, that probably jinxed me.

Jana said...

Uh oh, Kari, you shouldn't have said that. You're going to bring down the wrath of me and Jason (and probably the Hicks'), and give Dad heartburn to boot. Tom Brady is a schmuck. Tony Romo is equally good-looking, and his team doesn't cheat.

Hillary said...

Actually, I don't dislike or like the Patriots. Charlie and I both feel they are a really good team and probably unbeatable, but we don't necessarily root for them to win all the time.

I don't agree that Tom Brady is the best looking, Kari. Jana is right that Tony Romo is pretty good looking, but I think, for an old guy, Brett Favre isn't too bad either. I don't know that I have a favorite good looking quarterback though. Definately not one of the Manning brothers though, yuck!