Lexi was picked to be one of 6 students from her school to compete at a state-wide math competition for 5th graders. She will have to stay after school every Thursday, starting today, to practice and prepare for the competition. It is scheduled for March 11th. She's so excited.
I'm so cold lately. We've had some bitterly cold temperatures here and lots of snow. I feel like I'm cold all day until I get into bed at night. Then I actually warm up. It's not fun! The weather man reported lastnight that we've had 42.7 inches of snow already this winter. The average is 27.1 inches and last year they only had 19.7 inches total, the whole winter. I think it's bogus that we had to move here the winter they would get dumped on. We are supposed to have temps in the mid 40s on Monday with rainstorms, possibly thunderstorms. Just watch, we'll have another tornado!
3 comments:
That's awesome! How are things going at school for her? She sounds like she's not letting the teasing get to her. Did anything ever happen with those two girls? Did they accuse you of hitting them or did you ever talk to their parents?
Things seem to be improving with the bullies. I talked to one of the mothers. Her daughter has actually started to be nice to Lexi and Lexi told me she wouldn't mind trying to be her friend. Lexi said that she has "changed" some how. The other girls are leaving her alone too. I think the one girl who has changed is partially responsible for that. Her mother told me she was going to lean on her daughter to be a good example for her friends. The mother that I didn't talk to was the mother of the girl that I grabbed. I guess it wasn't serious enough for her to call me about, so no, nothing has happened about that - thank goodness. That could've become messy.
Yay for math nerds! I think its great that she has something to be fired up about. Knowing you are really good at something is a great self-esteem booster. I'm glad the bullying seems to be ebbing.
Post a Comment