Friday, January 18

Baby Update

So I was waiting to put down what the doctor said about my progress until today. Today was the 2nd time I was checked and I was hoping for some big numbers like, 2 or 3. The first time I was checked I was dialated to 1/2 cm and effaced only 1/2 cm. So I thought if I waited the week, it would change-but no such luck. I am still only 1/2 cm dialated and 1/2 cm effaced and he is in - 2 position and my grand total of weight gained as of now is 50 lbs (ouch!). The insider information Eric said we had was that they predict that I will be a couple of days late. But I like the optimism that all of you have shown and I hope that it comes true. Either way, I will be giving birth in the next 2 weeks-because they will only let me go over a week. So, we'll just have to keep waiting.


We have not completely moved out of our apartment yet. Our last day in it is Sunday. Right now we don't have any furniture and tomorrow we are losing our bed and sleeping on an air mattress-good thing that it will only be for one night. And then we'll be at Eric's parent's house-pretty much free everything, could it be any better? Today was the last day of my job. YAHOO! I'm excited that I won't be working for a long while. It will be a nice break. We are still waiting on schools. Eric heard from the school in Missouri earlier this week and they just said that they were putting his application on hold and would review it at a later date. So, it's not a no or a yes. Hopefully the other schools will give us something more concrete than that-like, Please come to our school! That would be awesome!


We'll keep you guys updated. And just for fun, here is a picture we took tonight at the Utah Auto Show. I hope you all appreciate from the picture how humongous I am right now and you can really see the 50 lbs in my face, be nice. Also, are two pictures of the diaper cake that I won from Babies R Us. We entered a drawing and won! It came with about 50 newborn diapers, 2 recieving blankets (they were in the middle) and the giraffe on top. We were quite pleased.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That diaper tower is awesome, Kari. That might be enough newborn diapers to last you if Noah is a big boy when he arrives.

Hillary said...

Wow, girl, you are big. I gained 50 lbs. with Alexis and Jaxson. Although, after I gained so much with Alexis I was careful not to gain so much with the next pregnancies. I don't know what happened with Jaxson. Don't worry about the progress you are making. It could all change very quickly. Hang in there. It will be over soon. Then you will have a new little bundle of joy in your life!