Wednesday, November 7

Words from Mom

Dad says he's never seen this picture, which is probably true since it was taken by the boyfriend I had before him. This boyfriend actually graduated with a degree in photography, but had to find a job that would give him a steady income. He picked up a little on the side by taking pictures for people (but I didn't have to pay for mine).

I'm spending this week painting the bathroom. The paint in there was pealing, so I had to spend a lot of time scraping and sanding. I got it primed yesterday, and now I have to patch where it pealed and then prime the patches. Once I get that all done, then I can actually paint it. A week long project, but necessary. If I've done everything right, it should stop it from pealing. Humidity is murder on bathrooms.

Jana, I've noticed in a couple of the pictures that you're using the baby blanket that LaRee made for you. I'm glad to see that it's being used.

I also see that Lasagna is leading the voting for Thanksgiving. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

6 comments:

Jana said...

Oh yeah, a word on the lasagna. Jason will be HIGHLY disappointed if he doesn't get turkey on Thanksgiving. Is there a way, if the lasagna wins, that we could buy him a little bit of turkey? I would hate to have him sad about that. Any ideas?

And yes, I really like that picture, too. You can tell a professional took it. Thanks for sharing the story!

K.E.N said...

Painting the bathroom? I didn't know! Are you painting it some really cool color? What is it going to look like? I need pictures!-since we will be the only ones not there this Thanksgiving :( I hope lasagna does win because that is tradition and Eric thinks it's totally crazy and I love it!

Hillary said...

I hope you will be able to stop the pealing. I know how bad humidity can be. Sounds like a fun project. It should keep you nice and busy. I look forward to seeing it.

I'm wondering where the idea for KFC came from for Thanksgiving dinner. Chicken sounds good to me, but I don't necessarily want KFC. I vote for chicken, but not KFC.

Kurt said...

That is a cool looking photo. You can even see the texture of the stock it was printed on.

I voted for popcorn chicken, although I do like KFC. We're probably going to be ordering most of our Thanksgiving dinner from a local restaurant so that Alison and Heather can spend more time beading rather than wasting time making food. Harvest Moon Cafe, mmm.

Jana said...

The popcorn chicken and KFC were just random meaty items I thought of. I almost put hamburgers, but thought that was too weird.

Hillary said...

Yeah, hamburgers would be a weird Thanksgiving meal. I picture that as more of a 4th of July meal.