Monday, November 5

What's been going on with us!

Ok, nothing has really been going on. We just needed a new post on here, so I am going to provide it.



Adelyn turned 4 months on the 3rd. She's getting old! That being said, I have decided to finally start working on two LARGE tasks this week:



  1. To get her on a feeding/sleeping schedule! I think I'll find greater freedom when I can tell someone when I'll be free, and not try to guess when she'll be sleeping. It really hasn't been too much of a bother, I still take her all around, but now that she's a little older it seems she doesn't sleep as easily in her carseat (I don't know why) so traipsing around with her while she's sleepy has been more of an issue.

  2. To get her to sleep in her crib! Before we moved, Jason and I were very good about having her sleep in her crib as much of a nightmare as it was. We'd keep putting her to sleep in our arms and then transfer her to the crib. Well, since we've moved here, we didn't set up her crib for a while and found that she slept much better (and much longer!) in bed with us. I really don't mind it, actually. Some people have VERY strong opinions on this (believe me, I've heard them from other moms in our ward) and I disagree with most of them. I personally enjoy co-sleeping (as it's called in the professional field) and have done some preliminary research on it and found that the "professionals" can't agree either. Some say it's great, whild others don't. I feel it's convenient for nighttime feedings, it builds bonds between baby and father (who doesn't get to do much of anything in the first few months), and it's fun to snuggle. Well, it's time for us to move her out--not for her, but for us. Because Jason is gone so much we don't get to spend much alone time together, so we want our nights back! I actually wish we didn't have to, but alas, the move is for our marriage. On any note, getting her to sleep just as well in her crib as she does in our bed will be a struggle (I'm not looking forward to going back to the frequent wakings for the first couple weeks) but it's necessary. Oh, and thanks to Hillary for the advice.


Ok, so that sums it up. I hope everyone is doing great. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving. We'll be driving up in less than 2 weeks! Kurt and Heather, when you have a minute (which I know is rare) I'd like to hear how you/Harvey are doing!

This is Dad and Addie watching football. Haha! They usually fall asleep by halftime.

Her first "playgroup."

Isn't she cute? This is Jason's favorite outfit. Thanks, Hillary!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

That was one of my favorite outfits too. I wish you luck with getting her on a sleeping/ eating schedule. Most babies her age aren't really ready yet for schedules, except the ones they set for themselves. I would start with small goals, like getting into a bedtime routine at the time you'd like her to go to bed for the night. Make it a routine and do the same things, in the same order every night. She'll get used to that and start to realized that it means it's time for her to go to sleep. As for an eating schedule, you may just want to pay attention to what times of day she tends to eat around and then plan your day according to that. I found it really hard to dictate when my babies would eat. They usually chose that.

Thanks for the new posting. I actually check the blog everyday (I know it sounds pitiful) and I like it when there is something new to read from somebody other than myself.

K.E.N said...

I think Addie has your nose!