Well, unfortunately we received some not-so-great news yesterday. That house I just wrote about, that we were very interested in, has had an offer accepted on it before we could get ours in. I don't know if ours would have even been high enough to even be considered, but we are all pretty sad none the less. Our poor kids. They go to these houses with us to see them and get their hopes up so high that they really feel it when it doesn't turn out to be the one. They really want to be in our own home. I can't say that I blame them. I'm right there with them. And though I ususally know better than to get my hopes up for any house, I did with this one. I'm pretty discouraged about the whole house hunting affair now.
We also found out that Charlie's dad lost his job yesterday. His manager felt like he wasn't learning the computer system fast enough and so let him go. Charlie's parents are pretty bumbed, especially his dad. He is very discouraged. I just pray he gets another job soon. I don't know how well he'd take it if it took as long this time to get a job as it did last time.
3 comments:
:( Sad news all around. I'm sorry that house didn't work out. Wouldn't they have let you know that an offer had already been accepted? That smells of something foul. I'm sorry, that sucks!
The offer came in after we had seen it on Saturday. The bank dropped the price just before we saw it. I'm sure that's why they had a bunch of bites right after we saw it. It's a great deal for the person who is buying it. Too bad it's not us.
Oh man, one thing after another. Well, the perfect house is out there!
I feel really bad for your father-in-law. What an awful time for anyone to lose their job--close to the time you should be retiring! I hope he finds another one soon.
Post a Comment