That picture of Mom is really cool. I like how the edges are out of focus. Who ever took it did a great job.
Not much new to report here. We're back in the swing of things with the kids in school, Charlie teaching and me at home. We are already looking forward to the Thanksgiving break. I'm still pressing forward with Weight Watchers. I'm having a more difficult time right now with all the Halloween candy on sale. This and after Easter are the worst times for me indulging my candy cravings. I've found some sugar free fudgecicles that are 0 points and that has helped. My goal is to be 10 pounds lighter by Christmas. Then I would only have 20 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight. I'm losing about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds every week. If I keep that up I should reach my goal weight by March or April. That's pretty exciting to me.
I want to thank everyone that participated with us this past weekend with the fast for Jocelyn's house to sell. It means a lot to me that I can count on my family to help in ways like that, even if Jocelyn isn't a blood relative. There haven't been any takers yet, but I've faith that someone will come along and buy it. It would be such a blessing to many people for it to be out of the family.
Our house hunting is on hold right now. We've pretty much looked at all the houses in our price range that we'd even consider. The ones we like are at a price that we'd need a little more of a down payment for. So until we have the money from Jocelyn's house we are in a holding pattern. But, even if the houses we like now aren't around by the time we have that money, I know there will be something else for us. I'm leaving things up to the Lord and trying to have patience with His time table. It's not very easy for me, I've never really been a patient person, but I'm trying.
Anyway, sorry for babbling on so. I hope everyone else is doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.
4 comments:
So that means when you come out and visit me you will be at your target weight? ;) That's exciting though, I hope that I'm that motivated to lose weight after I pop this baby out. We'll keep our fingers crossed for the house to sell and that you guys find your DREAM house :) Good luck!
Everyone is losing weight. I can't go to any ward functions without hearing the ladies discuss it, and to be honest, it's starting to get old. I'm trying to lose weight too, and congratulate Hillary on her weight loss, but it seems like it's the only thing talked about!
As for buying a house, I'm sure it's frustrating (I am SO SICK of renting) but you're right, you'll get the right house when the right time comes.
Oh yeah, and don't feel lame for checking the blog every day. I do!
Jana, I'm sure it gets old hearing about everyone trying to loose weight, but remember, there are more overweight Americans than there are not overweight ones. The chances are pretty good that you'll hear about someone wanting to loose weight. I think Mississippi is considered to be the fattest state in the nation. You aren't too far from there.
Post a Comment