tupid, but I don't want to sit on the phone and call around so I haven't. It's for that same reason I made Addie's 4 month check-up a month late, I just hate making the call. Anyhow...that's my big project this week. I have to figure out what to do to have my gall bladder removed.Can you believe that is a gall bladder full of gall stones? It looks like a pomegranate!
Kari and Hillary, it's much more prevalent in females and those with a family history of gall stones (thanks, Mom), so just wait your turn! It's terrific! Mom's attacks didn't start until her mid-thirties, so you may still have some time. Hopefully you'll miss it all together. The only way I could describe the pain is that it is nearly as bad as labor, but without any resting periods. It just digs deep into your ribs and back for hours until, well, it's magically gone.
I'm really having a difficult time thinking of meals I can eat. I can't have pepper, chili pepper, spices, caffeine, tomatoes or tomato juice, citrus, chocolate, fried foods, or fatty foods, and I have to eat several small meals a day in a "relaxed atmosphere." We think it's funny they put that on my instruction sheet. So, do you have any recipe suggestions? I'm up for anything! I'm getting rather tired of applesauce.
6 comments:
They tested me for gall stones when I was sick. Apparently pregnancy can really exacerbate the problem. Have they done an ultrasound to verify that there are stones? They told me that during pregnancy you can get a "sludge" build up that feels like stones but passes out of the system eventually.
As for food, I ate bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Eventually I added in saltines and graham crackers. Nothing too fun. I hope you get this taken care of soon. I know how boring that diet is. If nothing else, it should encourage you to make those phone calls.
Yeah, they took an ultrasound of nearly my entire body, basically everywhere except the neck and head. The doctor thought I might have had a blood clot in my leg, he actually didn't seem to think it was gall stones when we came in and told him Mom's history. The ultrasound found the stones and walah! Here I am! Saltines, hmmm, I forgot about saltines.
Right off the top of my head I can't think of any great food ideas but I'll think about it and get back to you.
I'll try not to think about having the stones myself. Hopefully I will miss them all together.
It's so weird what you said about making phone calls. I feel the exact same way. I hate making calls too. I always write it off as being a side effect of all the calls I had as relief society president. Maybe it just is me.
I love making phone calls to make appointments-it makes me feel like an adult. I didn't used to growing up, but as soon as I need to find a real job in the world and take care of myself, it just clicked. Can you eat cheerios? Those are pretty bland...I love cheerios, though. I'll continue to think and maybe Eric has an idea.
I actually bought Cheerios yesterday! I had them this morning and was reminded how much I didn't like them...haha. Oh well.
Oh man, Cheerios and Corn Chex are the two best cereals ever. And Raisin Bran. Heather thinks it's weird that I don't really like sugar cereals.
Post a Comment