Saturday, October 6

A New White Coat


Jason's class had their "White Coat Ceremony" last night. It is basically an award ceremony for all the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years at the optometry school and the 1st years all get their Doctor lab coats. For me and Addie it was quite long and boring, but seeing the smile on Jason's face as he wore his new garb made the evening worth it.


Jason loves optometry school. He wrote about it on our Hair Family blog (http://www.jhairs.blogspot.com/) and tried to copy and paste his comments onto this blog as well, but we couldn't get it to work. Go there if you'd like to see how much he's enjoying himself, but I'll sum it up for you. He's very very busy, but loves what he's learning. He enjoys operating new gadgets and associating with other who share his passion for optometry and health professions in general. Yay! Although this has been a difficult move for me, I know it was the right decision for our family. We feel very fortunate and blessed to be here.


2 comments:

Hillary said...

What a cool ceremony. Congratulations, Jason, on finding your niche. Many people don't do that, but I'm glad you have. Jana, I can empathize with you about tough moves. At least we are in the same boat.

K.E.N said...

Jana...I'm forgetting what you look like-do you have any pictures of you and Addie together?
Jason...You look like a real doctor!