We are going to check out a bunch of houses on Saturday with our realtor. He said he has about 6 scheduled and is waiting to hear back on a couple more. With any luck we'll find our dream house on Saturday. Hopefully, we'll be able to buy it if we find it.
2 comments:
Wow, 6 houses in one day. That's a lot of ground to cover. Are you taking the kids with you? My advise from when Kurt and I would do marathon real estate trips is to take a lot of pictures and notes. We wrote up a list with a spot for each of the major rooms for us to jot down comments about. Then a list of questions we asked about every house we saw, such as when the roof was installed, gas or electric hookups, basement condition, etc.... We found it was super helpful because the houses tended to run together after we had seen several in a row.
Hope the house hunting goes well. I'm sure the perfect Racine house is just waiting for you. Is the housing market there as hard hit as in Michigan? If so you should be able to find some good deals.
Those are good ideas. Too bad I didn't read this until after we had already gone. I'll have to remember to do that for the next trip.
This trip went well. Most of the houses we saw we could see ourselves in. There are two in particular that I like. Unfortunately they are at the higher end of our price range so I think we may keep looking and go back to them if we can't find anything else we like.
The market here isn't as bad as in MI. But it is saturated. I've had lots of people tell me it's a buyers market right now in the area. We will probably be able to get a pretty good deal, depending on where we want to buy.
Post a Comment