Tuesday, August 21

WE MADE IT!

Jason, Addie and I made it to Tennessee yesterday afternoon. After a long road trip, it was nice to get here. Colorado was beautiful and it poured rain all through Oklahoma. If you've been watching the news lately, the eastern part of Oklahoma basically flooded, so we were lucky to get out of there in time! We are also very grateful that his parents were able to come with us. It has made the move so much easier.

Our apartment is much much bigger, has new carpet, and is nice overall. The layout is kind of strange and the kitchen is in need of updating, but we're happy to be here. TN is gorgeous. I forgot how green it is! It's VERY hot, supposedly 12 people have died this month in the Memphis area because of the heat, so we're being careful to stay indoors with the air conditioning. Oh yeah, and it's WONDERFUL to have the internet again!

Hillary, I'm so excited for your family! It will be nice to still be close enough to go home when you want. Jason and I really enjoyed that back in Utah. With his parents in Idaho, it was nice to pick up and go for an extended weekend without a problem. I certainly hope y'all (trying to apply the Southern drawl) will hear about the house soon and that Charlie will have a place to stay after this weekend.

Heather and Kurt, I completely forgot to thank you for your gift for Addie! It was very appreciated. In fact, she's wearing the onesie you bought her today and it is adorable. And thanks for the gift card, as well. I hope you both are doing well as you prepare for Harvey's arrival. Might I suggest the same kind of onesie you bought us--the kind that button up the front. Anything to avoid pulling over the head is a good idea!

Adelyn is doing great! She smiles at us now and it is adorable. Her smiles make all the effort so worth it! She has a very sensitive stomach and I've had to go off all dairy so she doesn't get so many tummy aches. It has helped quite a bit, which has been nice. It's horrible to hear her scream, so the sacrifice is worth it (but still hard!).

We're about to take Jason's parents for a good ole Tennessee BBQ, so I'll write more later. I'll post some pictures when our stuff gets here in the next few days, we packed away our camera cord. Dang. It's great to be connected again!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Yeah, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad that you guys arrived safely and all seems to be going well so far. I'm glad Jason's parents could come with you too. I know it helps having some extra hands, especailly when traveling to far. We hope to hear about the house soon too. We want to come visit you guys in TN before you move. When our life settles down a bit more I'll try to make plans towards that end. It's exciting that Adelyn is smiling. I know I loved it when my kids smiled at me. And you're right, it does make the hard work worth it. Take care of yourselves and keep posting. I am slightly bored of reading my own posts.