Saturday, March 10
Break in
Somebody broke into our apartment Thursday while I was out to lunch with Kurt, however we didn't notice anything was missing until around noon on Friday. Well, break-in isn't exactly the right terms since they appear to have had a key to our door. The apartment complex has had some trouble keeping track of all of its sets of master keys. Anyway, they broke in and took our Wii, Game Cube, all of their accessories, and our digital camera. The cops have told us we won't be getting any of the stuff back even if they recover it. We are very bummed. I also think I got one of the worst nights of sleep ever last night. Our locks were re-keyed last night but they had also been re-keyed on Tuesday so it doesn't make us feel all that secure. There is an alarm system on the door and we are supposed to be getting that activated today. In the end it was all just material stuff that we can replace eventually but it is unnerving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Charlie and I know what you are talking about. We had our house broke into a few years ago. They trashed the bedroom we had on the main floor and only took a few things. The cops said that we should be careful of repeats because often times a theif will break in initially to scope out a place, and take a few things with the intention of coming back. Thank goodness that didn't happen, but it's something you should be aware of. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. It took me a long time not to fear coming home because I always expected to find that someone had broke in again. Did you have the pictures off your camera down loaded? That is probably what I would've been most upset about, loosing those kodak moments that you can't get back. I'm glad that you guys weren't home though. It could've been a lot worse.
Ahh! Break-ins are one of my greatest fears. Even if your items aren't recovered, will your insurance pay out anything? Hopefully you won't have to worry about it once you move downt that beautiful "country lane."
Sorry Kurt--That's not fun.
Post a Comment