Thursday, February 15

birthdays and valentines

I hope Dad had a great birthday yesterday (the big 53!) and that Alexis has something wonderful planned today (the big 10...double digits!).

I would like to hear what everyone did yesterday on Valentine's Day. I always have a difficult time with this particular holiday, probably because I feel I'm already out of ideas of things to do. Jason and I made pink rice krispie treats (we had intended to pass them out to our friends, but that didn't end up happening), I sent him on a little scavenger hunt for candy, and he brought me home a rose. We also had take-out for dinner. Nothing extravagent, but nice. I'm curious what you ended up doing...

We're starting to look forward to our ultrasound, it's this Tuesday. Even though I didn't want to know what we're having, now that I have to know, I'm starting to get excited about it. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

Eric went to school and then we went to institue. After that we went to the temple and did an endowment session and then came home and did homework. We ordered pizza and asked that they put the pepperonis in the shape of a heart and they said they would...but if they did, we couldn't tell. We watched Return to Me while eating pizza. Sooo romantic. But it was nice.

Hillary said...

Well, I think I got a an awesome Valentine's Day present and it was totally free. Charlie had a snow day and got to come home. The kids didn't have a snow day, so Charlie and I were able to relax a little bit more than we normally get to. We were also able to get our taxes done that day and found out that we are getting a good chunk back. That will definately be helpful as we try to buy a new home. But as for doing something specific for the holiday itself, we really didn't do anything special. It's been quite a few years since we've done anything for Valentine's Day, mostly because we couldn't really afford to. Besides, we try to do "loving" things for each other any time, we don't need a holiday for that! :)