
Soo...can anyone tell me where you might see something like this?
Any sort of a clue????? Well, you might know if you've ever been to...
DISNEYLAND!!! That's right, Eric's family sponsered us to go to Disneyland over New Years...this was our Christmas present from them. So, we all went as a family...us, Eric's parents, Eric's brother and his wife, his other brother, and his sister and her family. We left Sunday morning for St. George to attend church with his brother and then to Vegas to see his sister. Then we drove to Pasadina, CA and stayed with his uncle. Eric's uncle works along the parade route for the Rose Parade and so we went to the 9th floor
and watched it from his office. 
This is the view from his office and the parade was coming toward us. These are the only pictures we have of the parade because the camera died. But, these are pictures of the people lining the streets....it was crazy and they were soo loud. Then, we drove to our hotel in Anahiem and watched the Rose Bowl...Eric was crushed, but we did get to go to the ocean and ate at this cute restaurant on a pier and took some awesome pictures (all other pictures will be later on). Then the next day was Tuesday and we went to Disneyland. It was pretty amazing and I had tons of fun. We were in 70 degree weather and it was beautiful and we got back today and it was snowing pretty hard...Eric wanted to cry, but I was just happy to be home. In other news, we bought me a car today. It is a silver, 99 Hyundai Accent...just a small, fuel efficient car. I love it. Plus, we heard from Iowa University and they have denied Eric for medical school-but it's okay, it was his last choice. So, we're still waiting to hear from 4 more schools (WI, PA, OH, and NE). Cross your fingers that we hear soon. Anyway, here are our pictures from the "Happiest Place on Earth" and we hope you enjoy them...we really enjoyed taking them. We love you and hope that your New Years were just as "magical." (Gosh I'm corney).
*Note...all Disneyland pictures will be veiwed on an album, I just had too many to put them all on the blog, so to view them click here and then open the album with the pretty castle on it. But if you want to read any of the captions, do not put on slideshow, just go one by one. Thanks!
6 comments:
That sounds like a pretty sweet New Years. Here's mine:
New Years Eve I drove to Mom and Dad's, had dinner with them, then played some Wii with Jim. Two words: KEEPY UP. Then I drove to the apartment Heather and I will be living in with Joe and Michele (they were in Chicago), played a little Zelda, and went to bed at 11:30. Heather called me at 12:05 to wish me Happy New Year.
New Years Day I drove for 12 hours.
How come you didn't tell us about this trip? Anyway, here's my News Years. On New Year's Eve, Dad and Jim went to the church broadcast for the youth and by the time they got home, Jim was sick. He spent the night throwing up and had diareaha, and by the morning he was fine. Bill also got sick, though not as bad. He spent all of New Year's day in bed. I spent it taking down the Christmas decorations.
We went to my brother and sister-in-law's apartment, played some games (Uno Attack is really fun!), ate 7 layer bean dip (so delicious), watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and slept. All in all, pretty fun!
Pretty castle? I can't find the online album. It wants me to register on the site. How else can I view them?
Well, I am jealous that you got to go to Disneyland. But, I've heard that Disneyworld is better.
I went to church on New Years Eve. Our kids spent the night Saturday at Charlie's parents' and were suppose to be there until Monday, but Chelsea got sick during church (Jaxson never went to their house because he was already sick). So after church, Charlie and I drove to their house to pick her up and bring her home. The three older kids got to stay. We came home and had a couple of friends from church over and we played board games until the new year. New Year Day I did laundry and watched football. I also got sick myself. I didn't throw up, but I felt awful, tired and had diareaha. We didn't go to the Hicks' because Chelsea, Jaxson, and I were both sick, so Jocelyn and Les went and brought our kids home with them. Not the greatest New Years I've ever had, but I guess it could've been worse.
Post a Comment